Reiki by Shirley - Reiki Holistic Healing
RSS Become a Fan

Recent Posts

Love
New Ending
Take time to replenish your spirit
Be Happy

Living Foods
Quote of the day
Reiki
powered by

My Blog

Living Foods

I recently completed a three day 'Living Foods' course with Elaine Bruce at Living Foods UK, wow, learnt so much and met great people.

In my opinion these are things that we should all be taught in school.  If we had been taught about living foods at a young age we would all be healthier.

Having said that I want to say, today is the beginning of the rest of our lives and I am intending to incorporate living foods in our diets.  You may be wondering what living foods are, well it is basically eating everything while it is still alive, in other words not using heat at temperatures higher than 40 degrees.

Yip that means no cooked meals as enzymes are destroyed by cooking.  Although this sounds like a really tough transition I was surprised at how good I felt after following this regime for only 3 days.  (I had more discomfort going back to my usual eating regime when I got back home - heart burn - bloating etc)

I have stayed away from tea and coffee and am eating as many salads as possible.  Plus first thing in the morning I am juicing every living thing (no not the cat or dog - I mean fruit and vegetables)in sight that my juicer can handle, adding as many greens as possible.  I am doing this for a couple of reasons, one to get my family used to green or murky looking drinks and help their systems to adjust before I bring on the wheatgrass shots - which I have to admit do not taste great. Wheatgrass is rich in chlorophyll, bete
carotene and antioxidants.

And so the journey begins.  I am waiting for my wheatgrass juicer and dehydrator to arrive.  I will be planting my wheatgrass and other seeds as soon as they arrive.

I made my first sauerkraut yesterday, have to say it is looking a bit dry, but as I followed the instructions I will wait and see how it turns out - will know in about 5 days.  Plus I have quinoa and wheat grain both soaking on the window sill, getting ready to sprout.

6 Comments to Living Foods:

Comments RSS
Caryn on 28 October 2012 19:35
Really interesting. Looking forward to watching the journey. I'm not sure I could eat raw food totally, but I hope you can change my mind :)
Reply to comment

Shirley on 28 October 2012 20:19
I am so pleased that you find it interesting. I have to admit to feeling great while on the raw diet, be it only for the three days and am sorry that I was not already set up to start eating raw immediately I got home. I am doing what I can in the meantime, taking baby steps as it is a lot of information to digest (excuse the pun ;o)but am aiming to incorporate as much as I can over time. I had a mince pie today and it actually made me feel sickly so changes are taking place in my body already, which is really encouraging.
Reply to comment

tibet visa on 19 May 2013 13:57
I was just seeking this information for some time. After 6 hours of continuous Googleing, at last I got it in your site. I wonder what is the lack of Google strategy that don't rank this type of informative web sites in top of the list. Generally the top sites are full of garbage.
Reply to comment

shiatsu elite foot massager on 23 July 2013 19:26
Do you mind if I quote a couple of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to your site? My blog site is in the very same area of interest as yours and my users would really benefit from a lot of the information you provide here. Please let me know if this alright with you. Cheers!
Reply to comment

Shirley on 07 November 2013 21:21
Yes you may quote from my articles. All the best.

Blog Commenting on 26 June 2014 01:04
I was looking for something like this blog When is enough enough, Thank you for posting the great content…
Reply to comment